The original post from the Gabba Friends website can be seen here.
Grayson, Xander and Chamryn’s birthdays were each a week apart, so we decided to host a Super Awesome Triple Birthday Dance Party!
Xander’s dad, who is a professional photographer and super creative, made the invitations.
sidebar: check out joshuatreephoto.com...
a little plug there for ya, Josh! :)
The Gabba Friends website gave me the idea to stack Brobee, Plex and Foofa and use marshmallow fondant. This was my first try at making MMF... after this cake, I was officially addicted to cake decorating! The bottom layer (Foofa) was red velvet, with a faux layer (otherwise we would have had too much leftover cake.) The middle layer (Plex) was chocolate and the top (Brobee) was yellow.
My husband and I wrapped water bottles with Yo Gabba Gabba characters and logos. Yes, he looked at me funny at first, but for some reason, maybe I had to bribe him--I can't remember, he ended up helping me gluing the little decals and different colors of construction paper.

The weather was a little chilly and super windy, so we had to have relocate it in our garage. The streamers, tissue paper poms and balloons made it look a little more festive! Not too bad for cleaning and decorating the garage 2 hours before the party!
Note the balloons with the different character facial cutouts. The paper I used were heavier so the balloons drooped and even some balloons didn’t float, like the ones stuck on the far wall...
At the food table, I made banners from cardstock and printed the logo and letters. Grayson's parents provided the food. At the bottom left corner of the picture, there were coordinating colors with partyware and the corresponding character cutout right beside it.
sidebar: Chamryn's pendant is STILL hanging in our garage. LOL
I made goodie bags by printing the YGG logo on a sticker label and a cutout of a YGG character. The bags were filled by Xander’s mom with candies and toys. I was going to add stickers on the sippy cups too, but I ran out of time.
At the cake table, I printed out the Gabba Land and attached it to foamcore board stands.

(that's our friend Kevin. LOL)
In the background, I loaded up my iPod with the fun songs from the Yo Gabba Gabba episode (especially the Dance, and Fun episodes) along with The Ting Ting’s Happy Birthday song and played the party soundtrack continuously throughout the party.
It was a fun party... I can't wait to do it all over again in May. :)
But this time, I think we're having separate parties... so it'd be 3x the fun! :)
I absolutely love this. My daughter is freaking out about the cake! Are you busy in July? We'll be having a two year old's birthday party...:-)
ReplyDelete