Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blast from the Past: Steph's baby shower ~ April 2009

I was so excited to do Steph's baby shower... I was getting into the party-planning kick, scouring the web and blogs to get inspiration for a boy baby shower. I am not a fan of expensive partyware and my creative juices were flowing, so most of the decorations are DIY crafts I've gathered from all over the web. I admit, most of my inspiration came from stem*fabulous parties because Amy is just, well, awesome! :)

I had this day-to-day origami calendar from 2006? (2007?) that I barely used so I ripped out all the orange and blue prints and used it for most of the decor.... Just like the banner above. I actually cut out the C-O-L-T with an exacto knife... (this was before I found out about Cricut... more on that later)

The favors were blue and orange M&Ms individually packaged with a mini pacifier and a little note! :)
The game prizes were a couple of Tastefully Simple mixes, a blue/orange bracelet and a blue/orange lipstick holder (both clearance from Pier 1~i love that store!) I wrapped them in regular brown bags and added the blue and orange detail, wrapped with a ribbon and have a cute little pacifier that I got from Oriental Trading. I also had the baby shower packets... inspired by Amy from stem* which included:
*the answer sheet to the Dirty Diaper Game (ya know, you melt various chocolates in diapers and the guests smell and try to guess what they are... horrid, but funny!)
*celebrity+baby match game
*Thank you envelope for guests to write their addresses on (which I picked a random one for a door prize)
*a baby scratch-off lottery game (courtesy of Oriental Trading.com)
And my other obsession last year were these poms and paper lanterns... Poms were inpired by Martha Stewart... and the lanterns were inspired by Amy from stem*.

More poms and lanterns... and another banner--this time I found a wonderful device called the Cricut... A fool proof way of doing letters and stuff without meticulously and excruciatingly having to cut each letter with with an X-acto knife...
A single layer diaper cake along with red velvet cakes with orange cream cheese w/blue edible confetti.

(Go Cubs!!)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shower!! I am amazed at this! Such eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful shower. I love the one layer daiper cake and the symmetry of the poms and lanterns, so perfect. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete