Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blast from the Past: Kim's baby shower ~ May 2009

After Steph's baby shower last April, then the kid's Yo Gabba Gabba party early May, I was getting full steam into party planning mode. Kim's shower was next on the agenda... (Chamryn's 2nd birthday party was the day after Kim's shower, so that was a busy crazy week.) Our friend, Patti, Amy (Kim's friend who lives in NY) and I were the cohosts. Amy was in charge of the invitations and helped set up when she got into town that weekend. Patti and I (also with the help of Kim's mom, Deb) took care of the decorations and food, and I tackled the cake. There may be similarites between Steph's and Kim's parties... but major differences include the boy/girly colors (blue/orange vs pink/green/orange) and the size of the parties. Steph's more intimate shower fit in my living room, while Kim's shower required a park pavilion rental. And of course, almost all the inspiration came from this "Oh Baby" baby shower by Amy from Stem Parties.

"BABY" sign at the food table

Tablesetting
POMS
The pavilion and tables/chairs setup
Individually wrapped water bottles
We had a brunch spread... we had "Sweet" and "Savory" items...
"Sweet" items included a fruit salad, fruit pizzas, cream puffs,
pound cake, graham pretzels with chocolate cheeseball
"Savory" items included cucumber sandwiches,
spinach quiche, sausage casserole, crackers and dip
The cake--yes those are fondant shoes!
The orange boxes in the foreground were the favors....
each box contained a brownie square.
The guest packets, again, another idea from Amy....
patiently and painfully packaged by Patti...
who did her best not to complain about the tedious work caused by my ideas....
well its not my idea... blame Amy's party website.
Included in the packet was the celebrity baby game ("R" for baby Riley)....
Baby Bingo sheet, Baby Lotto "pickle cards" and the Thank You Envelopes.
These were the prizes for raffles and games...
I don't remember what was all in the bags...
This was our gift (from Patti and me) to Kim...
The banner behind Kim says "baby girl Riley" :)

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled on your blog - very cute party! I love all the details!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete