Tuesday, January 26, 2010

catching up... part 3... baby, baby, baby!!!

Sam threw a baby shower for her friend... My second attempt at a bow... and my bear looked like a mouse... but sometimes we are our own critics and the same applies in this situation. Sam loved it... I need more practice with bows! And chocolate fondant? Yummieee! :)
Bridget helped throw a shower for her sister-in-law... she loved what I did for Nathaniel's car cake so she asked me to do the shower cake.... "Sure, No problem." The shower is in Indy though. So I had to make sure that its easy to assemble and can withstand a 3 hour road trip.
My BFF-since-7th-grade, Steph, threw her lil sis a baby shower and it was a jungle theme... I always welcome the opportunity to practice molding fondant animals... There was supposed to be a tree behind the animals but alas, the leaves wouldn't stand up and had to nix that idea the last minute. Lesson learned: fondant leaves need to dry for more than 48 hours or use gumpaste/fondant mix.
My mom helped throw an office shower for her coworker... No theme, all I know was that its a girl and her name is Mya... it needed to be refrigerated so I didn't want to cover the whole thing with fondant. So this is what I came up with: the onesie, flowers, buttons, letters and stripes were made of fondant... I really need practice with piping though.
Bridget's doggy baby shower cake above made it to Indy... and this cake made it to Lansing, MI! :) LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment