This cake was for Laycee... Her dad kept going back and forth between Wow Wow Wubbzy and Thomas... I had wanted for Wow Wow Wubbzy since its such a cute and easy character... and I did a Thomas cake for my nephew last year... So I thought I'd challenge myself and do a 3D version of the cake. There are tutorials online that I used, and the sides aren't exactly like the real Thomas... and the cakes sank the day after, the fondant then sagging... but you should have seen her eyes light up... It was worth it!
(sorry about the picture quality... all I had was a picture from my cell!)
This cars cake is for Nathaniel... Bridget (his mom) wrote that he was so excited and he ate the eyes, one wheel, and a headlight.
This cake is for Makenna... I did her brother's Gravedigger monster truck cake earlier in the year... The "M" was made of fondant... It did fall and break before the party, but I laid it down covered it up with pink frosting. Next time I do an initial, I will have wires under the fondant and let it dry 48 hours in advance... This is one of my favorite cakes. It was simple yet so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment