Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Party plans... with an Invitation Teaser!

My daughter's birthday party is a month away! I'm super excited. More importantly, she is too! Its a superhero theme... no specific characters like Batman or Superman/girl, no primary red/blue colors or frilly Supergirl baby pink. It will be teal and hot pink, with touches of green and orange.

Or it was supposed to be Superhero theme. However, my daughter is adamant about a Handy Manny party. Or Dora and Boots. But mostly Handy Manny. With Tinkerbell cupcakes. *sigh*. When Grayson (a friends son who also has a May birthday) told her HE's having a Handy Manny party and that is for boys, she was in tears! So somehow, I have to integrate Handy Manny and Dora and Boots. I'm thinking of putting toys on top of the cake (*gasp!!*) (or around the cake), with Manny, Dora, and Boots with fondant capes! and Tinkerbell Cupcakes. We can't forget about that. So after discussing it with my daughter (ie try to brainwash her that she actually likes superheros), it will be SuperManny, SuperBoots, SuperDora party!

Anyway, back to Superheroes... I found an inspiration board from The Party Dress and I partnered with Bethany at Tales of The Might B w/a barter agreement that she would sew some capes for me and for her son's birthday cake (see Riley's Thomas cake). One of my super creative classmates from high school, Miss Molly, and I also worked out a deal (cuz I'm all about deals!) She is working on a cartoon of my daughter in exchange for a cake for her son's birthday, which, of course, is also in May. Here's a little look on her artwork!

1 comment: