Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wilton Class, Course 1, Week 4...

The final class of Course 1... and we're tackling... the dreaded Wilton Rose... duh du dummmm.... Things started out rough... my icing was a little thin, so the bases were flopping over and the petals were flopping over, leading to roses that look like... well... smooshed, hot pink cabbages.

After a few more roses, I got a little bit better... now my roses look like a rose/carnation hybrid, but at least its not flopping over.



The picture below is my friend Tomi's roses...
To compare to my roses... which look like... CARNATIONS! AAAH!!!
So... we did it. We finished Course 1 and accomplished The Rose.
And Tomi and I are crazy enough to take Course 2 in May... Yup. The same month that my friends and I decided collectively (not really) to have babies, therefore having parties every weekend that month. I will have 9 cakes to do next month. Yes, NINE. and 4 birthday parties. I love my friends, but our next babies will not fall in the same month ever again!

1 comment:

  1. congrats! I still can't master these! lol... you did great!

    hugs
    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete