Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Crossfit Games: 2014 Open

I'm still not sure why I signed up for the Crossfit Games 2014 Open. Someone wrote a comparing participating with Open just like someone runds a 5K/10K/Marathons. You probably won't win the race, but there is joy in partaking. Okay, fine. Why not?

Carole had a questionnaire that she had us (those participating in the Open) fill out... 2 of the questions were "What are your strengths?" and "What are your weaknesses?"

I can honestly say that I don't feel like I have physical strengths when it comes to Crossfit. So for weaknesses I put "Basically everything." I cannot do a pullup, pushups are hard. Wall balls still suck. And my  weights are still modified or scaled back.  Squats? Maybe air squats without weights, Burpees? I love them, but I'm still not fast enough.  Strengths: "Optimism?" That was probably a lie. Carole didn't even add the "?" when she typed up my answers. Ha.

This week's verse to memorize for the 40-day challenge (with the ReMARKable Women's ministry at church) is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Did you hear that, Myra? "My power is made perfect in weakness."
There's strength in my weaknesses. HIS strength. Not mine.

I'll just do my best so I can get a baseline for next year's Open. That's really all I can do. Enjoy the process. Take care of my body, physically mentally and spiritually.

For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment