Friday, November 8, 2013

The results

I have been at Crossfit Michiana for 14 months now.  Last October, a month after starting Crossfit, we got pregnant. I wodded for all 9 months of that I was pregnant, taking off 3 weeks before I was due, Baby E was born June 28, 5 weeks later, I was back at Crossfit in August.  On September 16th, 31 of us at CFM joined the Lurong Living Paleo Challenge. We were measured and weighed and wodded at the beginning of the challenge. Now, the challenge is ending in a couple days and we remeasured, reweighed and rewodded. Even though I'm still a work in progress, here are my results:



Measurement results: 

After Lurong Living Paleo Challenge:
11.4 lbs lost
12 1/2" lost (total from waist,chest, hips, arms, legs)

Since beginning Crossfit Sept. 2012 (with a pregnancy)
18.6 lbs lost
24 3/4" lost (total from waist,chest, hips, arms, legs)
(jean size 12/14 to size 8/10)


A few thoughts: 

Never in a million years I would have imagined myself lifting weights, 
or looking forward to going to workout. 
Or going 8 weeks without fast food, Starbucks, or deep fried foods.
Or 
not depending on food 
for comfort 
or 
stress-reliever 
or 
as reward.

I'm feeling great, I can run 1/2 mile without stopping (I'm working on that!)
I improved in all 3 of my WODs.
I got my first RX.
I can fit in my smallest pair of jeans (size 7/8).
My feet shrank again! (shoe shopping?!)

And I now do truly understand and can attest to this: 





No comments:

Post a Comment