WOD #1 was:
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 of:
- Wall Balls
- Deadlifts
- Box Jumps
with a time cap at 18 minutes.
Level 1 was using 8 lb balls for wall balls while Level 2 and 3 used 14 lb wall balls. I have never used a 14 lb wall ball in a WOD before, with the exceptions of ball slams. I tried some wall balls Monday night and I was hitting the 9' mark maybe one out of 4 or 5. After talking to my husband about it, he told me to go ahead and try to do Level 3 and gave me some pointers. My goal was to finish the first round of 21. I was so nervous because it was my first challenge/"competition" WOD that has to be judged for accuracy and form.
WOD night:
All day long I wavered from doing level one and level 3 (the only difference between level 2 and 3 was 10 more lbs for deadlift, from 65 to 75lb.) I had judged Angie H. during the first heat and was so nervous for my turn.
3... 2.. 1... GO!
my first wall ball: just short. "No Rep"
my second wall ball: airball. "No Rep"
my third wall ball: "No rep"
my fourth... "No rep"
fifth.. "No rep"
crap.
GRR... I should have done level 1. :(
Frustration and anger and humiliation was setting in... I was ready to walk out the door.
6th: "Good! 1!!!!"
I thought: "YAY! I can do this!"
after 23,976 (or what seemed to be!) wall balls and 6+ minutes later, I finally finished my 21 wall balls and moved on to deadlifts (75 lbs) and box jumps (20").
after 15,649 (I'm semi-serious) wall balls and 18 minutes, I was able to finish the 2nd round of 18's.
39 (14lb) wall balls in 18 minutes. I sucked. (Truth? I cried in the car.) But I finished passed my goal. And it was over. And Level 3 was RX for that night. And I got an RX in that WOD. My VERY first one. After a year of Crossfitting, I finally got my first RX, (granted, I was pregnant 9 months out of that year...) but as my husband reminded me, it's not so bad since I've only came back from maternity leave 7 weeks ago. I'll take it and I'm happy. No more tears!
Next week we're doing WOD #2 and #3... bring on the burpees!
WOD night:
All day long I wavered from doing level one and level 3 (the only difference between level 2 and 3 was 10 more lbs for deadlift, from 65 to 75lb.) I had judged Angie H. during the first heat and was so nervous for my turn.
3... 2.. 1... GO!
my first wall ball: just short. "No Rep"
my second wall ball: airball. "No Rep"
my third wall ball: "No rep"
my fourth... "No rep"
fifth.. "No rep"
crap.
GRR... I should have done level 1. :(
Frustration and anger and humiliation was setting in... I was ready to walk out the door.
6th: "Good! 1!!!!"
I thought: "YAY! I can do this!"
after 23,976 (or what seemed to be!) wall balls and 6+ minutes later, I finally finished my 21 wall balls and moved on to deadlifts (75 lbs) and box jumps (20").
after 15,649 (I'm semi-serious) wall balls and 18 minutes, I was able to finish the 2nd round of 18's.
Next week we're doing WOD #2 and #3... bring on the burpees!

No comments:
Post a Comment