Monday, May 10, 2010

Grayson's Handy Manny Cake!

My good friend Jenn threw a Handy Manny Party for her son Grayson. Grayson was born 2 weeks before Chamryn. The first of many many many... many... birthday parties in May. The cake was fun to make. There's Pat, Filippe, Turner and Dusty. I wish I had time to make the other ones, Stretch (measuring tape), Rusty and something... (wrench and pliers)... The sides of the toolbox were challenging, I ended up using cardboard for the sides and dowel rod for the handle. I'm not sure what to do the next time I need to do a Handy Manny cake... which would probably be in a couple weeks for my own daughter's Superhero Party. Because she wants a Handy Manny cake. And Tinkerbell. And Dora. And Ariel. Not sure which parent she takes after, because she can't seem to make up her mind.
I wish I had taken more pictures of the different elements Jenn had at her party. Maybe I can get some pictures from her or something. She used diner baskets with red and white checked wax paper for hotdogs and chips. Favor bags decorated with stickers, hand drawn tools on the wall, etc. Here is my daughter with a construction hat and an apron belt they used to put their candy during the piƱata.

No comments:

Post a Comment